Friday 11 March 2011

Onions and Shallots

Lovely bright sunny morning so decided to plant out the onions and shallot sets that I had.

Turned the ground over first which I was glad I had done as some of the bind weed root was still there and starting to sprout, so managed to remove as much as I could find which hopefully might keep the area a little clearer from it this year.


So started off like this...^

End ended up with 2 rows of shallots (Golden Gourmet) and 9 rows of onion (Sturon)
Started getting ready where my first earlies are going to go in.

Also picked some perpetual spinach which I will chop in the food processor and freeze on baking sheets and then chop into portion sized amounts  ready to be added to stews etc. The scozerona that I pulled is going to be par boiled and roasted. I've never tried it before so it will be interesting to see if I like it and maybe will get some more seed as it was surprisingly easy to deal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment