Thursday 23 February 2012

Sunshine and wellies

The sun shone as promised. I sat in the garden having coffee and wearing wellies. It was a (mostly) good day today :)

Bought this loganberry yesterday and it desperately needed repotting. The amount of soil round the root was ok, but the shoot was in danger of getting really damaged as it was growing through the polythene.




I soaked it in water for about an hour and then potted it into a tall ish pot to grow on a bit further. Once it has established in this I will then decide where I want to plant it finally. Space needs making which is why its gone into a pot to start.



 The cauliflower seeds I started last month have got to this stage now and I decided that they could do with moving into their own plugs and then be put out into the greenhouse, having been on a cold windowsill for the past month.


 This afternoon took a trip down to the allotment. The asparagus will hopefully soon be making an appearance and clearing away all the chickweed will certainly help. Also cleared the area to the left of the asparagus bed as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment