Wednesday 21 March 2012

Strawberries

Doesnt look like much got done today, but what did get done in the couple of hours was hard work, especially as it was quite warm. 'The weeding I didn't finish yesterday 
 got finished!


When the other strawberry beds were moved last year I left a patch just in case some didn't take. Over the winter I only lost 2 plants so filled the gaps and then had a bit of a dilema. Do I chuck the rest of the plants or make another bed, giving a total of about 60 plants.  

Finally decided that would make one and could always get rid if I end up with too many strawberries to cope with. Final photo still needs taking.

Tonight I am going to be studying module 7 of RHS level 2 Plant Growth, Propagation and Development. The module is all about soil and the root environment and is absolutely fascinating me, more than any of the modules I've studied so far. That's if I can stay awake. Very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment